A Progressive Approach to Health Care
Combining the best health care talent with the latest medical technologies. Harrisburg Medical Center is a progressive hospital, featuring 45 physicians and an 80+ bed capacity. Our doctors represent most major medical specialties, including cardiology, emergency medicine, family practice, internal medicine, nephrology, neurology, oncology and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pathology, psychiatry, psychology, pulmonology, radiology, rheumatology, surgery.
Continually growing to meet the expanding needs of our patients - Harrisburg Medical Center completed multi-million-dollar expansions in the past decade including:
- 2003 Medical Center Expansion – included an Oncology Infusion Unit, a mammography suite, surgical suites, Ambulatory Care expansion, and Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit.
- 2005 Medical Center Expansion – Harrisburg Medical Center added a sterile supply unit and an additional waiting room, as well as a remodeled Imaging Services, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, Lab, Medical Records and Nursing Administration Departments.
Continuing to Expand Services
HMC has adopted an on-going plan to add outpatient services, as evidenced by the addition of the following clinics:
- Additions in 2011 – Eldorado Primary Care (Child Psychologist)
- Opened January 2011 – Equality Family Practice (Family Health Clinic)
- Opened September 2011 – HMC Clinic at Wal-Mart (Urgent Care: Walk-ins Welcome)
- Opened October 2011 – HMC Clinic at Mach Mine (Employee and Family Clinic)
- Opened February 2012 – Alexander Family Practice Clinics (Marion and Harrisburg)
- Additions in 2012 – Eldorado Primary Care (Nurse Practitioner)
Looking Toward the Future
After four years of continuous effort to improve patient care, quality and safety, while also improving the hospital’s financial performance and stability; the Board of Directors has turned its attention to the future. The hospital building and hospital equipment have been upgraded, and new clinics have been added; but these improvements are just the beginning.
The HMC Board of Directors has adopted a plan to make additional improvements to the HMC System. Among the most significant of these are:
- A 6,000 Sq. Ft. Expansion of Eldorado Primary Care – Continued growth has necessitated additional space to meet clinic needs. Plans are underway to double the size of the clinic which, in addition to increasing the number of primary care providers, will also add a private behavioral health area, a visiting physician specialty clinic, an outpatient rehabilitation area and additional diagnostic services.
- Relocation and Expansion of Alexander Family Practice – The Harrisburg office, doubled in size and moved to South Commercial Street and feature expanded services such as visiting specialty physicians and outpatient rehabilitation services. The Marion office will also expand and offer new services.
Extensive Behavioral Health Services:
- Mulberry Center – Psychiatric Services Unit – a 26-bed in-patient behavioral health service for both adults and geriatric adults.
- Bradford House – an outpatient behavioral health program, designed to reduce the length of in-patient psychiatric hospitalization or divert individuals from in-patient hospitalization completely.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – designed to provide less intensive services than in-patient care or partial hospitalizatio programs.
Outreach – In addition to our five out-patient clinics, Harrisburg Medical Center also offers resources such as:
- Home Health Care – providing in-home care to patients in nine counties within a 50-mile radius of Harrisburg.
- Outreach Programs – Including wellness workshops, arthritis exercise program, and support groups for patients, parents and senior citizens; plus wellness activities for schools, athletic events and other community organizations
At Harrisburg Medical Center, our people are our greatest asset. From our administrative staff to our board of directors, Harrisburg Medical Center’s leadership is dedicated to serving the best interests of our patients, employees and organization. Learn more about our Mission Vision Values below.